Thursday, January 14, 2010

Joining the DAR

I have exciting news!! I heard yesterday that I have been verified for the DAR, which means that the genealogy has been verified. Now I'm just waiting for the powers that be of the DAR have their February meeting to "approve" my application. I am getting ready to send an application on behalf of my mother for another ancestor and an additional application for me on a third ancestor. I have one in the hopper, which I need to do some copying and compiling of documents etc. There are also a few other ancestors that I am going to have to try and prove from scratch. In other words, no one has had these ancestors approved yet. That might be a little more challenging. It makes me feel like I have deep roots in this country, and I am proud of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment