Saturday, January 9, 2010

Why your family history is important in your life...

Family History: To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain perpetually a child. For what is the worth of a human life unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history? Marcus Tullius Cicero

As a child, I knew my mother was very interested in family history, but did not understand it's importance until recently. I'm sure that you've heard people say that they "wished they hadn't waited until it was too late to ask a family member questions". I'd like to tell you to ask today, or set up a time where you can sit down and "interview" a family member.

I will be offering you interview questions and suggestions to collect information and why it is important along the way.

Kindest Regards,
Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment